The countdown is on for the 2015 Storytelling Non-Profit Virtual Conference – just a mere 9 days away from a full week of learning about storytelling, fundraising and communications.
If 2015 is your first year attending the conference, I would love to give you a bit more background about it to help you make the most of the experience.
How did The Storytelling Non-Profit Virtual Conference start?
I have been blogging since 2012 and the core purpose I continue blog is because I have a deep desire to foster better community and camaraderie in the non-profit sector. We often talk about networking and networks, but what we really need is community. When I decided to host the first Virtual Conference in 2014, I had two goals:
- To help non-profit professionals connect and make new friends who share common professional interests
- To make learning more accessible
We had over 2,000 attendees at last year’s conference and received rave reviews, so I say mission accomplished!
Is this really a free event?
YES! I know it might seem unbelievable since AFP is charging $250 per webinar these days (madness, I know!). I’ve worked at and with small non-profits and know the budget challenges that come with that territory. I believe everyone should have access to quality education and information that will help them grow as professionals and people.
Each year, I ask a number of non-profit professionals to present at the conference. They freely and generously give their time and knowledge without any financial compensation. Though they do get lots of social media love during the conference!
Do I have to attend all of the sessions, or can I pick and choose?
Exercise your right to choose, my friend! You’ll see on the registration page that you need to register for each session individual that means you can register for one, two or all of the sessions.
The conference schedule is the same each day:
Session #1 is at 10 am PST/12 pm CST/1 pm EST
Session #2 is at 12 pm PST/2 pm CST/3 pm EST
Each session is 60 minutes long and they will all be recorded. That means that if you register for the session but are not able to make it to the live one, you will receive the recording.
Other things to know:
- The Storytelling Non-Profit Virtual Conference is active on Twitter! We’re using the hashtag #storytellingnp. Leading up to the conference this a great way to connect with other attendees. During the conference, this is a great way to keep the conversations going.
- Every session will have Q&A time with the presenter. Bring your questions and get ready to chat!
- This year we’ve added an open Q&A hour on Friday at 10 am PST. Vanessa (that’s me) will host this at the end of the week and a chance for everyone to talk about what they’re learning and get answers to any lingering questions.
Have you signed up for The Storytelling Non-Profit Virtual Conference?