Preview a chapter of Vanessa Chase Lockshin's book.
You’ve probably heard that storytelling is the best way to raise money and awareness for your non-profit. But – how do you tell inspiring stories?
For years I have been answering this questions for non-profits through my training and consulting work, and now through my new book The Storytelling Non-Profit – A practical guide to telling stories that raise money and awareness.
The Storytelling Non-Profit is a portable consultant for fundraisers, communications professionals, and executive directors who want to tell stories. The Storytelling Non-Profit walks professionals through the process of telling a story that inspires and resonates with a target audience.
In this chapter you’ll learn how to find and collect inspiring stories to tell. It’s filled with tips, exercises, and examples to help you find great stories to share.
In this chapter, you’ll learn:
- How to figure out which stories to tell to your audience
- The 3 biggest problems you face when trying to collect stories to tell (plus, how to fix them)
- 10 tools that you can use to find, collect and organize stories
- How 3 non-profits actually collect stories and their tips to make the process easier
- Tips for interviewing people to get the best story
- One question to never ask during an interview
- How to create great interview questions that help you get the best story