The dust has settled on the giving season. Mostly likely, your organization received donations from current and new donors. What you should be thinking about next is how to engage and retain these donors in 2017 and beyond.
Stewardship is a great way to thank and appreciate donors. Another way to engage donors is to invite them to share their giving story. Giving stories are great to share in your donor newsletter, on social media, and even in future appeals.
Today I want to share with you some of the common questions that I like to ask donors when I’m interviewing them for a story.
- How did you first hear about our organization?
- What made you decide to give your first gift?
- Why do you enjoy giving to this organization?
- What is your favorite program/service/etc to donate to?
- What do you how to accomplish through your philanthropy?
- If you were talking to someone else about giving to our organization, what would you tell them?
- What do you wish everyone knew about this cause?
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below. What questions would you ask a donor if you were interviewing them?